Moxie’s Subchapter M Survey and Audit Training Courses
Our Subchapter M Survey and Audit training courses prepare maritime personnel for meeting U.S. Coast Guard Subchapter M Survey and 46 CFR Subchapter M Compliance Audit compliance. These courses will provide your administrators, crew, internal auditors, and management with the appropriate training to be prepared for internal, USCG and TPO surveys and audits.
The USCG Subchapter M regulations require towing vessels to be surveyed within three months before or after the vessel Certificate Of Inspection (COI) or the COI anniversary date. A Subchapter M Survey examines the towing vessel, including its systems and equipment, to verify compliance with applicable regulations, statutes, conventions, and TSMS. Moxie’s Subchapter M training program was developed to prepare internal and external surveyors, vessel crews, and company management on the specifics of conducting a vessel survey.
The 46 CFR Subchapter M Compliance Audit teaches the crew and other personnel about the Towing Safety Management Systems (TSMS) and their responsibilities during the Subchapter M Compliance Audit.
Mastering the requirements for towing vessel equipment now will ensure your company runs smoothly through these surveys and audits whenever you may face them. Take advantage of our courses in preparation for the Subchapter M Survey and Subchapter M Compliance Audit today!
Preparing for the USCG Subchapter Survey
To prepare for a USCG Subchapter M Survey, Moxie takes crew and personnel through the process of preparing for the arrival of the surveyor. In this course, the survey is outlined and detailed so that management and crew alike know each and every step. Your team can expect the survey to look like the following:
- Pre-survey vessel meeting, in which the surveyor meets with the master of the ship and crew and explains the survey process.
- Vessel route information is provided by the master of the ship to determine the regulatory requirements for life saving, fire fighting, and other requirements.
- Surveyor Subchapter M checklist items are visually verified, and pertinent documentation is reviewed by crew and management.
- Crew participation in performing a vessel emergency drill in the presence of the surveyor.
- Life jacket requirements that prove that there are an adequate number and appropriate sizes of jackets on board and in the proper locations.
Moxie’s Subchapter M Survey course also informs crew on the primary areas of focus during the survey. To ensure that the vessel is in the proper condition, crew will learn about the following upkeep of the vessel:
- Keeping proper records of vessel maintenance, including a review of official certificates and documentation.
- Inspecting items so that they remain functional and are free of defects that might reduce effectiveness.
- Ensuring all systems and equipment are maintained and suitable for the intended service.
By taking Moxie’s Subchapter M Survey course, your team will know exactly what to expect in order to pass the survey with flying colors.
Preparing for the Subchapter M Compliance Audit
Moxie’s Subchapter M Compliance Audit course prepares crew, management, and personnel to assess compliance with their TSMS. Students will be taken through the structure of the audit and the proper procedures to be followed to ensure that the vessel meets all safety requirements. During an audit, crew members and personnel are often “quizzed” on procedures, so knowing as much information as possible will allow for a smooth audit.
In this Subchapter M Compliance Audit course, crew will learn to be prepared for the following to occur:
- Auditor will have access to all vessel documents, will question personnel, and will examine vessel equipment.
- Auditor will have access to witness system testing, will observe personnel training and drills, and will determine TSMS effectiveness.
- Auditor will ensure no serious threats are posed to personnel, the vessel, or the environment.
- The crew’s hazards training documentation will be assessed.
- All crew members will be expected to know emergency response procedures.
- Proper equipment on board will be inspected, and all crew members will be tested to ensure they are trained on the equipment.
- The Vessel Master will need to know their authority, which states that they can take corrective action if the vessel and its crew are in immediate danger or if the vessel is not in the proper condition. The Vessel Master is expected to know that they are the authority in these matters and must stop all processes, regardless of being pressured to continue conducting business.
- Identification of the Designated Person Ashore (DPA), who has direct access to the highest position of management to monitor safety and pollution aspects of vessel operations. Crew will be tested on expected knowledge.
- Appropriate crew members will be tested on advanced training, including firefighting, radar, navigation, boat handling, and other hazard training.
By having the full scope of the procedures that will be inspected by the auditor, students of this Subchapter M Compliance Audit course will be ready to provide a safe and well-functioning vessel.
Improve Your Subchapter M Training with Our LMS
To stay on top of your Subchapter M Survey and Subchapter M Compliance Audit training, you need a system that’s going to keep things running smoothly. By using our Learning Management System (LMS), you will be able to keep your employees safe and your company compliant with the law.
Our LMS is flexible, it’s customizable, and it makes your record keeping organized and efficient. Here are some of the best features of our LMS:
- Custom course assignments: A subscription to our LMS means that you have access to every training in our expansive library of content. Worried we won’t have what you need? We can create custom courses or other content so your training fits your business. Within our LMS, you can select courses and assign them to workers based on job titles or roles.
- Easy-to-use interface: Our interface was created for intuitive use that both employees and employers can understand. Our LMS also comes with a feature that sends reminders to workers, encouraging them to complete their training sessions on time.
- Powerful tracking tools: Realize the full scale of your training program by accessing the training history of your employees, their competency progression, and a scheduling program to meet compliance requirements.
- Easy reporting: Keep track of data through custom reports, manage audits with advanced compliance tracking, and transfer training data to the appropriate databases.
- Access online or offline: Safety procedures should never be put to the side, which is why we make training programs available every day of the year. Online, offline, and on the go with mobile technology, your employees can undergo safety training at their convenience.
Keep your employees well-trained and safe through the convenience of our LMS today!
Demo Our Subchapter M Survey Course for Free!
Want to ensure your employees are ready for a Subchapter M Survey and Subchapter M Compliance Audit? Request a free demo of our courses today!