Our Job Safety Analysis Training
Why wait for an accident to occur before thinking about how to keep your people safe? A job safety analysis (JSA) is a systematic way to plan for safety. No matter your industry, Moxie Media’s job safety analysis training gives you and your employees the tools necessary to stay safe.
Moxie Media is your online and offline resource for employee safety training. Although our interactive courses cover a wide range of topics across multiple industries, job safety analysis training is vital in any field. Every workplace has its risks, from back and neck strain, to workplace fires, to slip-and-fall injuries, and even dangers from working with hazardous chemicals.
A proper job safety analysis involves breaking down a job into its steps, identifying the hazards of each step, and planning procedures to eliminate or reduce those hazards. This program guides workers through the three-step JSA process while giving them new ways to think about each step.
Learn more about our job safety analysis training and request a free demo below!
Conducting Your Job Safety Analysis
No matter where you work, each job comes with its own unique threats to health and safety. Proper job safety analysis training helps you identify those hazards and create a detailed plan for mitigating them.
The analytical aspect of a JSA helps keep safety top of mind for your team. It also enables workers to turn safe workplace practices into regular habits. You may even discover hazards you didn’t previously know existed!
A job safety analysis is comprised of 3 simple steps:
- First, identify the steps of a job or task. In order to do this, you need to consider the personnel performing the job, the equipment used for the job, the activity itself, and the environment that the job is performed in. Analyzing the job in this way makes hidden hazards more obvious—and ultimately easier to eliminate or reduce.
- Second, identify the hazards that come with each step. The best way to approach this is to ask yourself “what if.” What could go wrong? After breaking the job down into its steps, asking “what if” for each one will allow you to create a list of hazards that could arise.
- Third, develop safe work practices that will eliminate or reduce those hazards. Now that you have an organized list of potential hazards for each step of a job or task, creating safe workplace practices becomes that much simpler. Go down your list and make sure your workplace is implementing safe work practices to address each possible hazard.
Many of the practices that keep us safe in the workplace are common sense. Most of the time, improved communication, good housekeeping, proper personal protective equipment (PPE), effective signage, and other minor improvements are all that is needed to make your job safer.
However, many of these safety practices are easy to overlook, especially if you’ve been performing the job for a long time. Moxie Media’s comprehensive job safety analysis training allows you to take a step back and look at a task in a new light. Our training program makes it easier to identify new or old hazards, regardless of how simple they are to eliminate.
Improve Training with Moxie Media’s LMS
Moxie Media’s learning management system (LMS) organizes all of the training materials, tracking, and reporting you need to make your workplace safer. Here are a few standout features of our LMS:
- Our LMS is customizable, meaning your team receives the training it needs for your company or industry. Through our LMS, you have full access to Moxie’s eLearning Course Library, which boasts over 300 training programs that cover everything from human resources to maritime safety.
- Moxie’s LMS has mobile and offline capabilities. This allows you to access training and our LMS tools anytime, anywhere.
- Our LMS makes safety audits easier by managing training data, offering advanced compliance tracking, and providing custom reporting.
Request a Free Demo of Our Job Safety Analysis Training
To learn more about our job safety analysis training, request a free demo below.