Our First Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Injuries can happen very suddenly at work. Whether it’s a heart attack or a cut on the finger, no injury is too small to go untreated or unreported because even small injuries have the potential to become critical issues. Moxie Media’s first aid, CPR, and bloodborne pathogens training program teaches employees how to act when injury occurs.
Working in hazardous environments increases the likelihood of injuries, so it is especially important to train employees who face dangerous conditions. However, according to the American Heart Association, the leading cause of death is heart attacks and accidents. Employees can be injured or suffer a heart attack in any workplace, making basic medical training important for everyone.
Our first aid, CPR, and bloodborne pathogens training program teaches workers to recognize and respond to common workplace injuries and medical conditions. The online curriculum demonstrates first aid for many types of injuries and shows how to recognize life-threatening conditions, such as heart attack and stroke. In addition, a focus on bloodborne pathogens explains how to prevent serious diseases from infecting your workforce or spreading among workers.
Looking for additional first aid and bloodborne pathogens training? Moxie Media offers courses that specialize in Basic Maritime First Aid Training and MRSA, Staph & Infection Prevention for General Industry.
Find more information on our first aid, CPR, and bloodborne pathogens training and get a free demo below!
The Four P’s of First Aid
Successful injury response starts with adopting the right mindset regarding medical conditions and emergencies. Moxie Media’s first aid, CPR, and bloodborne pathogens training teaches workers to respond with the four p’s of first aid.
These are the four basic elements of first aid taught in our online course:
- Preserve life. The main goal for first aid is to save lives. It is crucial for workers to be able to recognize when to act, what to do, and how to go about saving someone’s life. Our training course explains how to identify the different types of life-threatening conditions that an injured worker may face and what to do next.
- Prevent further injury. Without proper first aid training, attempts to help an injured person can actually worsen their injuries. We teach employees to keep an injured person stable until emergency personnel arrives at the scene. Workers learn to keep the injured person warm and dry, apply pressure to wounds to stop any bleeding, and move them out of harm’s way.
- Promote recovery. This part of first aid involves using the first aid kit and techniques to aid in recovery from an injury. For example, placing a bandage on a wound can promote the recovery of an injured person and reduce their suffering from the injury.
- Protect yourself. Although you want to help an injured person, you still need to protect yourself from their blood and other bodily fluids. You can’t read a person’s medical conditions and history on their face. Our first aid and bloodborne pathogens training instructs workers on how to protect themselves from infections and the spread of disease.
First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens Training Outcomes
After completing our first aid, CPR, and bloodborne pathogens training course, employees will be able to identify, assess, and respond to a wide variety of emergency situations. They will be able to perform first aid and CPR, while also protecting themselves against bloodborne pathogens.
Successful completion of this training will make your company a safer place to work by reducing the number of workplace accidents. To increase the efficiency of our training, you and your employees should be responsible for knowing the following:
- Your company’s reporting requirements and policies for injuries.
- Who and when to call for medical assistance.
- The location of your facility’s first aid kit and the items within it.
Moxie Media’s Learning Management System
Whether you just use our first aid and bloodborne pathogens training or many of our online courses, our learning management system (LMS) makes it easier than ever to manage employee training.
Moxie Media’s LMS is a customizable training, tracking, and reporting system for your workplace. Our state-of-the-art system will alleviate your paperwork, automate your records, assist with compliance audits, and adapt to your company’s needs.
That’s not all! Moxie’s LMS gives your company access to our full eLearning Course Library. Our extensive course library contains over 300 workplace training courses.
At Moxie Media, we strive to help all companies acquire the best health, safety, and human resources training while complying with your industry’s latest standards.
Request a Free Demo of Our First Aid, CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Get started on making your workplace safer with our first aid, CPR, and bloodborne pathogens training today. Request a free demo below!