SEMS Training Online for Your Team
The latest updates to the Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) could have a big impact on how your team works offshore. If you’re looking for up-to-date SEMS training online, Moxie Media is your one-stop shop for everything safety.
Working offshore is an exciting and stimulating career. However, there are inherent risks and hazards to working in the oil and gas industry. SEMS II is designed to regulate the offshore industry in order to prevent injury, improve safety, and make sure everyone goes home safe at the end of their hitch.
That’s why it’s necessary to provide SEMS awareness training to your employees. Moxie Media offers SEMS training online to help your workforce identify risks and prevent incidents. Updated for SEMS II, our training videos cover all 13 elements of SEMS regulations.
Looking to go even more in depth on some of the added components introduced by the updated SEMS II requirements? We offer additional SEMS online training courses in Management of Change (MOC): Best Practices, Authority & Responsibility in Offshore Operations, and Oilfield Employees Guide to Conducting a Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
Moxie Makes SEMS Awareness Training Simple
Through our SEMS online training course, contractor and operator employees gain all the information they need to be fully trained on the new SEMS regulation, 30 CFR 250 Subpart S. Your team will learn the ins and outs of 13 different topics to become SEMS compliant:
- General Provisions: Without support for SEMS from senior management at oil and gas companies, your SEMS plan won’t work. Learn how management is expected to commit to safety on their facilities by taking our SEMS awareness training today.
- Safety and Environmental Information: Facilities need to develop and maintain certain safety and environmental information to remain compliant with SEMS. We explain what information you are required to have, so you can make sure your company isn’t missing any of this critical information.
- Hazards Analysis: Before an operator writes a SEMS plan, they must perform a hazards analysis for every offshore facility. We discuss how operators can analyze, remove, and manage safety threats in our SEMS training online.
- Management of Change (MOC): Your MOC process must be able to establish and implement written procedures to manage a variety of changes. Find out which changes you need to include, as well as how to use your MOC. This includes anticipating and managing a change’s potential impact on safety and the environment, approving procedures to enact the change with minimal risk, and communicating effectively with personnel who would be affected by the change.
- Operating Procedures: In order to be SEMS compliant, your company must have written operating procedures. They must clarify who is in charge of each operating area on a facility as well as detail a variety of different procedures. Our SEMS online training lists everything your organization must cover in its operating procedures, so nothing will get overlooked.
- Safe Work Practices: Offshore workers should never feel caught between their company’s procedures and the rules of the rig or platform. Not only can this cause confusion, but it can be unsafe. SEMS requires operators to review the safe work practices of contractors, while contractors review operators’ SEMS plans. Before workers ever go offshore, any differences between them must be resolved. We explain the importance of this process, as well as how contractors and operators can reach an agreement that is safe and effective.
- Training: SEMS requires workers to have the proper training, skill, and knowledge to do their jobs effectively and safely offshore. This includes initial training, such as IADC RigPass® and SafeGulf training, or similar programs. Depending on each worker’s job duties and worksite hazards, they could need training on anything from hydrogen sulfide to hot work, lockout/tagout, rigging, emergency response, and more. In this SEMS awareness training, we discuss how to determine the training and associated documentation necessary for your employees.
- Mechanical Integrity: If your company brings equipment offshore, then mechanical integrity will be important to you. Learn more about the plans your company is required to have for any critical equipment on the facility.
- Pre-Startup Review: After equipment maintenance or a weather-related shutdown, your equipment will need to be restarted. This presents one of the most dangerous situations offshore workers must routinely face. With our SEMS training online, workers learn about the purpose and requirements of a pre-startup review.
- Emergency Response and Control: According to SEMS, everyone offshore must be ready to respond to an emergency. We prepare workers for the ways in which they will periodically be required to practice for an emergency situation.
- Investigation of Incidents: If an incident occurs, it’s important to find out what happened and do whatever you can to keep it from happening again. This is why SEMS requires companies to investigate incidents. Find out how operators and contractor companies need to work together to investigate properly with our SEMS awareness training.
- Audits: In the oil and gas industry, SEMS plans are subject to audits on a regular schedule. Learn how often your SEMS plans will be audited and what records contractors need to keep to be SEMS compliant.
- Records and Documents: There are a variety of records and documents that your company must keep for a set period of time. These records should be dated, readily identifiable, and available for easy retrieval. With our SEMS training online, workers are taught which documents to keep and for how long. We also make it easy for workers to reference training materials at a later date if they have questions about these requirements for their records and documents.
Comprehensive, Up-to-Date SEMS Online Training
Moxie Media’s concise SEMS awareness training program provides an overview of the SEMS requirements. It also presents a basic understanding of how these regulations affect offshore workers and their jobs.
After successfully completing training, students will be able to:
- Describe what a Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) is.
- Be aware of the regulatory requirements for SEMS.
- Know what SEMS requires of them and be prepared to answer questions if asked by a representative of the BSSE or another governmental agency.
- Interpret how SEMS requirements can be put into practice to foster increased safety and environmental work practices.
Our SEMS training also addresses the new updates added by SEMS II. Among these changes, workers are now required to identify their Ultimate Work Authority, or UWA. This person pursues the most effective course of action in case of an emergency.
The Stop Work Authority, or SWA, was also introduced. Although this policy has already been adopted on a number of vessels, SEMS II made it an industry-wide standard. SWA gives offshore workers the right to stop any job at any time if they feel that either their safety or a coworker’s safety could be compromised.
With up-to-date SEMS training online, you and your employees can stay abreast of the latest safety procedures and guidelines in the offshore industry.
Moxie Media’s Learning Management System
Moxie Media’s learning management system (LMS) is the most efficient way for you to provide SEMS awareness training and other offshore oilfield training to employees. It also allows you to customize, track, and report on employee training with ease.
Our LMS gives you with access to our eLearning course library, which contains over 300 training courses. From HR training for oilfield supervisors to health and safety training for oilfield workers, our extensive course library is equipped to meet your personnel training needs. If there’s a topic we haven’t covered, we even offer custom course development.
When your workforce’s safety is in question, you can’t afford subpar training. That’s why our LMS makes it easy to monitor employee competency and training history. It can also run ready-made reports or allow you to automate custom reports. Moxie’s LMS reduces your paperwork while making audits more manageable than ever.
Moxie Media’s LMS is also completely customizable. This means you can create a training program that’s tailor-made to your team and your industry, so employees receive the training they need.
Request a Free Demo of Our SEMS Online Training
For more information about our SEMS awareness training, contact us or request a free demo to try our SEMS training online.