Marine Fire Training and Compliance
Keeping your maritime employees and supervisors safe is a top priority. Quality marine fire training is an essential part of their safety and your compliance.
Moxie Media offers marine fire safety training to help workers effectively prepare, respond, and perform drills for fires aboard their vessels. Our comprehensive video training is shot on location, so workers can see our instruction in action on a worksite like theirs. No matter if your team works on coastal tugs, inland waterway tow boats or barges, offshore supply vessels, or ocean-going tankers, they can watch our training enacted in a familiar environment.
Not only that, but our marine fire training helps ensure compliance. Moxie Media’s comprehensive, 8-part series is designed to support the U.S. Coast Guard Requirement 46 CFR 27. This includes requirements for fire protection training, drills, and safety orientation for uninspected towing vessels. Our marine safety series also provides you with supervisory and crewmen training, testing, and assessment features that facilitate compliance with the International Safety Management (ISM) and STCW codes.
Moxie’s Marine Fire Safety Series
The 8 parts of our marine fire safety series are:
- Introduction: We start off with an in-depth introduction of the key concepts in marine fire safety and prevention. This includes vital information about general alarms, PA systems, fire detection systems, operating station standards, fuel shutoff valves, crew fire drill standards, and new employee fire safety orientation guidelines.
- Fire Prevention and Response Team: Your crew’s reaction speed to fires and other hazards is paramount in minimizing danger and damages. Because fire fighting equipment is required to be on the boat, it’s up to the crew to understand how to use it in a timely and effective manner. We give every crewman a working knowledge of fire fighting equipment, fire prevention, and emergency response systems.
- The Nature and Elements of Fire: In order to properly respond to a fire hazard, it’s vital that your crew fully understand the nature and elements of fire. This section covers the differences between fire hazards you’re likely to encounter on a maritime vessel, such as fires that result from liquid, solid, and gas fuels.
- Fire Prevention Techniques: This part of our marine fire training addresses vital fire prevention techniques, such as good housekeeping practices, equipment maintenance, threat elimination, and hot work (including welding, cutting, soldering, and grinding).
- Classes of Fire: The four classes of fire include class A, B, C, and D fires. This system classifies the nature and fuel source for each type of fire, and it can be used to select the most effective way to extinguish each type.
- Portable Fire Extinguishers and Fixed Suppression Systems: In this section of our marine fire safety series, we examine the extinguishing agents workers should become familiar with on any given vessel. The type of agent you choose will depend on the fire’s class, which is discussed in the previous section.
- Developing Effective Fire Drills: These guidelines can be used by supervisors to create effective, instructional, and informative fire drills. We teach you how to develop fire drills that ensure each employee on the vessel is prepared and equipped to handle any fire hazard.
- Fire Fighting Strategies, Response, and Overhaul: Although it is difficult to standardize fighting a fire onboard a vessel, there are steps you can take to prepare. We show you how having a plan of attack and performing marine fire safety drills regularly can help you and your crew respond in a way that’s tailored to the situation and your vessel.
Simplify Training and Audits with Moxie Media’s LMS
Our learning management system (LMS) can save you time and energy when it comes to training your workforce. With our powerful tracking and reporting tools, you can replace time-consuming paperwork and spreadsheets. You can also easily manage audits with our versatile scheduling options and tools for running ready-made and custom reports.
Whether you just use our marine fire training or any number of the over 300 programs in our eLearning course library, your company’s training portal can be customized for your needs. We keep your training organized and accessible from a single interface that is easy to use. In addition, our LMS can be accessed with online, offline, and mobile capabilities, so it’s available whenever and wherever you need it.
Request a Free Demo of Our Marine Fire Training
Contact us today if you have any questions about our marine fire training, or request a free demo to try it yourself.
Need training on another maritime topic? Take a look at our complete maritime course library today!