Our Defensive Driving Videos for Employees
Have you ever been driving home late at night after a long day and felt yourself start to nod off? Has your car ever slipped on wet or icy road conditions? Even those of us who consider ourselves good drivers face hazards on the road. For workers who must drive on the job, the risks are high. The best way to promote safe driving practices is with proper training, such as our defensive driving videos for employees.
It is not the use of heavy equipment, highly flammable chemicals, or working at heights that pose the greatest threat to workers. Motor vehicle operations are the leading cause of serious and fatal accidents across all industries. In fact, about 40% of work-related fatalities involve motor vehicle accidents, and that percentage has risen in recent years.
As with most workplace hazards, the best solution is prevention. That means safe driving practices for employees, such as anticipating road hazards and staying focused on the road at all times. Moxie Media’s driver safety training video course teaches workers about the leading risk factors for vehicle accidents and how to ensure safety through defensive driving and accident prevention.
Moxie offers a number of driving for courses for employees across all industries. They include:
- Defensive and Distracted Driving, which focuses on teaching workers the basics of safe, defensive driving and avoiding the hazards of distracted driving.
- Driving Safety for Industry Workers, which addresses both the leading risk factors for motor vehicle accidents and how to ensure safety through accident prevention.
- Driving Safety for Oilfield Employees, which focuses how to prevent accidents and ensure safety though defensive driving, removing distractions, vehicle inspection, trip planning and measures to resist fatigue.
- Driving: The Dangers of Distracted Driving & Cell Phone Use, which focuses on developing a policy on cell phone use that can save your company literally millions in liability, while saving lives.
- Fluid Truck Accident and Rollover Prevention, which addresses hazards such as fluid slosh and surge, rollovers on curves and straightaways, and the dangers of the rough road conditions around oilfield well sites.
- Step Back for Safety: Distracted & Drunken Driving, which covers regulations and guidelines surrounding fire safety that are specific to the maritime industry, including alarms, detectors, fire drills, vessel safety functions, and more.
- Step Back for Safety: Driving Safety, which reminds workers of the dangers they face on the road, then shows them how to prevent accidents and keep themselves injury-free through vehicle inspection, knowledge of road rules, and safe driving techniques.
Driver Safety Training Video Course Outcomes
Our defensive driving videos for employees teach workers how to protect themselves and others every time they get behind the wheel. After successfully completing this driver safety training video course, employees should be able to:
- Recognize the chief hazards of driving in their jobs and daily lives.
- Conduct vehicle inspections and proper pre-trip planning.
- Identify and practice the basics of safe driving.
- Recognize and respond with safe actions to the hazards of driving at night, including fatigue.
- Recognize and respond correctly to hazardous road conditions.
- Identify and avoid the hazards of distracted driving.
- Respond properly in the case of an accident or breakdown.
Don’t wait until a driving-related tragedy strikes at your workplace. Invest in teaching safe driving practices for employees today.
Moxie’s Safe Driving Practices for Employees
We teach safe driving practices for employees that start before they even step foot in a vehicle. There are important steps workers must take before, during, and after using a motor vehicle on the job.
Employees may think work starts when they reach the workplace and ends when they leave it. But their commute is a part of their job. Our defensive driving videos for employees underscore the importance of commuting to and from work with the same level of responsibility as the rest of a job.
Before driving, it is important to be prepared. In particular, if workers are taking a long trip, going to a remote location, or facing poor weather conditions while driving on the job, they need to plan their trip accordingly and inspect their vehicle. Workers should know the route they are taking in case GPS fails or is incorrect. They should also check their lights, windshield, fluid levels, radiator, cooling system, hoses, belts, battery, and more, and be sure to pack emergency equipment.
Our defensive driving videos for employees teach workers how to identify and respond safely to a number of hazards while driving, including:
- Nighttime driving and fatigue
- Road conditions
- Equipment failure and design
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Seatbelt use
Finally, if workers do experience a breakdown or accident while driving, they need to know how to safely respond. Moxie Media’s safe driving practices for employees help workers keep themselves and others safe, even after an incident.
Moxie Media’s Learning Management System
No matter if you just use our driver safety training video course or many of our courses, our learning management system (LMS) makes it easy to coordinate workplace training. Not only are training materials, tracking tools, and reporting available at any time, but our online, mobile, and offline capabilities make them accessible under any circumstances.
Our powerful tracking and reporting tools can replace outdated spreadsheets or paperwork bogging down your team. If your training data is in a database or another third-party system, our LMS allows you to transfer data from place to place. With our advanced compliance tracking and reporting, it also becomes easier than ever to manage audits.
Request a Free Demo of Our Defensive Driving Videos for Employees
Want to learn more about our safe driving practices for employees? Request a free demo of our defensive driving videos for employees today!